What is a Visitor Visa / Temporary Resident Visa?
The terms “Visitor Visa” and “Temporary Resident Visa” are used synonymously. This type of visa is simple in that it allows you to enter and stay within Canada for a temporary period of time. This is an official document that is stamped into your passport, showing that you have met the requirements for admission into Canada as a temporary resident (either as a student, visitor, or worker).
There are some basic requirements that you must meet to travel to Canada:
- Have a valid passport
- Be in good health
- Have no criminal or immigration related convictions
- Prove to an immigration officer that you have ties within your home country (such as a home, job, assets, family) that will take you back
- Prove to an immigration officer that you will depart Canada at the end of your visit
- Have the financial means to assist you during your stay
1) Organize and Gather Required Documents
- Obtain the required documents, depending on whether you are inside or outside of Canada at the time of your application
- Failing to provide all of the required documents, may result in a delay in processing your application
- You may have to provide certified true copies of documents
2) Complete the Application
- A list of forms must be filled out and submitted: Application for Temporary Resident Visa, Family Information, Document Checklist, Document Checklist – Applications within Canada (if applicable), Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union (if applicable), Use of a Representative (if applicable), and Authority to release personal information to a designated individual (if applicable).
3) Pay the Fees
- There are two types of fees that come with this application: Application processing fee, and a biometric fee.
4) Submit the Application
Gathering and submitting all requested documents can seem overwhelming, but with the help of our lawyers we will make sure all of the required documents are in order and submitted for our clients. We provide our clients a clear walkthrough of the process in applying for a Visitor Visa, so that there is no confusion and to make sure the process runs smoothly.
Many of our clients have the desire to come to Canada, whether it is for work, to study, or simply to travel this beautiful country. We can assist you in the application process. Each step in the process requires attention to detail, to make sure that every aspect is complete and accurate. We provide this attention to detail, so that our clients don’t have to.