Parent and Grandparent Super Visas
The Super Visa is a visa that allows for the holder to come to Canada for long-term visits. Applicants who are successful will receive multiple-entry visitor visas that may last for up to 10 years.
Those who are eligible for a Super Visa must meet a few requirements:
- Individual must be a parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent Canadian resident
- Be able to provide a signed letter from the child or grandchild that invites them to Canada. This letter must include: the promise of financial support during their stay in Canada, a detailed list of the people in the household of the child or grandchild, a copy of the child or grandchild’s Canadian citizenship or permanent resident document.
- Be able to provide proof of medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company. The issue must be: valid for at least one year from the date of entry into the country, at least $100,000 for minimum coverage
- Provide proof that the medical insurance has been paid
- Must be allowed to enter Canada (must have no restrictions on entry)
- Take an immigration medical exam
Whether you are looking to become a sponsor to family members abroad, or would like to discuss the benefits of Super Visas, our lawyers are always happy to help.